Linksys Router Problems

Networking, Wireless Routers (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax WiFi), NAT, LAN configuration, equipment, cabling, hubs, switches, and general network discussion
slowpoke

Linksys Router Problems

Post by slowpoke »

I have the Linksys Cable/DSL router(BEFSR41), and think its a great thing. BUT, my 2 machines dont think so..I set up the TCP/IP for the network cards EXACTLY the same and one machine will be able to access the net while the other one cant..So I fiddle with it and get that machine to access the net then the other machine CANT! To put it bluntly it is rather frustrating. I followed the step by step guide that came with the router to the T and it just doesnt want to behave..I have the TCP/IP stack on the PC's configured as such:
Obtain IP address automatically (from router)
Disable DHCP (router does this)

I did go ahead and put in my Default gateway and enabled DNS. Or should I disable these?

Any clues? I DID have both machines working on the net at the same time for over 2 weeks til just yesterday..Its REAL weird...

Thanks!
jodyk

Post by jodyk »

Quick ? --Are you using ADS:L or Cable--if ADSL who? And are you able to FTP and send Attachments?
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

ADSL with Infoave.Net...And yes am able to FTP and send attachments...just cant get BOTH machines on the net at the same time<G>...It's either one or the other...
Originally posted by jodyk:
Quick ? --Are you using ADS:L or Cable--if ADSL who? And are you able to FTP and send Attachments?