Folding Team

SG Distributed Computing Teams discussion, S.E.T.I., Folding@Home, as well as other types of cloud/distributed computing, AI, machine learning, cryptocurrency mining.
RicRogue

Folding Team

Post by RicRogue »

I have Folded about 100 since 2am and I'm not listed on the team. Does it only refresh once a day? I entered my name twice so I could not have screwed it up. It is RicRogue (Speedguide.net Team). That's right ain't it? Oh Well, I'll look later to see if it is there.

RicRogue
RicRogue

Post by RicRogue »

Does Finishing a frame=1 unit? If so my Comp is rockin.

RicRogue
blebs99

Post by blebs99 »

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RicRogue:
I have Folded about 100 since 2am and I'm not listed on the team. Does it only refresh once a day? I entered my name twice so I could not have screwed it up. It is RicRogue (Speedguide.net Team). That's right ain't it? Oh Well, I'll look later to see if it is there.

RicRogue
</font>
Check later on today. It doesn't appear that the page has been updated yet this morning!
Team name and all should be correct as you have described.
As far as units go 1 unit=100 frames. At least thats the way it's been working for me.

[This message has been edited by blebs99 (edited 01-30-2001).]
-Knine-

Post by -Knine- »

100 frames is 1 unit

------------------
It's Because Light Travels Faster Then Sound That Some People Appear Bright Until They Speak
jdblitz

Post by jdblitz »

ROFL no, one frame is 1/100th of a unit. and it seems as though you have yet to complete a unit. it took like 4 hours for my first ones to show up. dont worry, you'll be on the board by noon if you completed a unit by 8am.
jdblitz

Post by jdblitz »

woohoo just noticed we are in like 77th place and have over 1100 units!!! hahahahahahahahaha. I wanna hit the top 50 teams within a week.
JANDOENT

Post by JANDOENT »

We are cruisin guys. Steadily gaining on everyone. Philip, JD & Strider are rocking. John should start coming up real fast as I believe he is running six puters. (or was that sex pooters?)
If we can get brother Brent to fire some of his monsters up...

I see 6 different teams for SG. I hope that everyone is on the same correct team now. If you don't enter it exactly, you will not give the team credit...

We have almost caught up with SG Seti enrollment! I think we are only laccking a couple more people....

------------------
Inquiring minds want to know...
RicRogue

Post by RicRogue »

Ok!

My name is on the team, I was worried there for a second. WooHoo 2 Units. I'm smoking. Image Image

I have it running while I'm here at work, so Hopefully I'll be at 3 Units when I get home. LOL

RicRogue
jdblitz

Post by jdblitz »

CHRIST Phillip!! What do you have folding @ home running on?? 3 amd 1.2 runnin @ 1.6with 512 MBram?? DAMN your movin. I lost a lot of ground last night, pc bluescreened bout 2am and I didnt find out till I got up at 6 this morn. thats about 8-10 units I goofed. oh well.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Naugh, I run it on an AMD T-Bird 1.1GHz running at 1.2GHz, 512MB Ram... Oh also on another AMD 700MHz box, 128MB RAM, but only part time, when it's not crunching for SETI.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Well I finally got signed up for the Speedguide folding team...(I hope )....JugHead =Charlie....But I was shortchanged about47WUs .....All well ...at least I made on the team..

http://foldingathome.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/search?q=JugHead

Charlie
John

Post by John »

Something is messed, my units are not being counted. I have been at 80-something for over a day now...
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by John:
Something is messed, my units are not being counted. I have been at 80-something for over a day now...</font>
You need to get in touch with a Guy Called hanser over at DSL or from the official folding site. I e-mailed the folding help center and got a reply from hanser...worth a shot... hope this helps

Charlie
sitosterol

Post by sitosterol »

I'm still not on the SG team Image Is there any way to edit ur profile. something must wrong.
kadar

Post by kadar »

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sitosterol:
I'm still not on the SG team Image Is there any way to edit ur profile. something must wrong.</font>
Hi,
There are a couple of ways to edit your configuration. I only know how in the CLI version.

1. You can use a program called FReg
http://www.teameggroll.com/dev/FReg/freg.zip
I have not personally used this, it edits both the registry and the client.cfg

2. Edit the client.cfg using notepad. When you open client.cfg you see a line like this:
[settings]
email=sitosterol(Speeguide.net Team)
server=folding.stanford.edu
port=10101
ask=n
userid=123456789123456

[firewall]
active=n

Just make the changes you need, such as the username:

email=sitosterol(Speedguide.net Team)

And then set the
userid=0

If you use this method without editting the registry you will need to use the -local switch. To make it easier to use the switch I make a simple .bat file located in the program directory. In the file I put this line:
fah.exe -local

What this does is run the program using only the client.cfg file and not from the registry.

I hope this helps. Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Happy Folding Image

[This message has been edited by kadar (edited 01-30-2001).]
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Hey kadar,

Thanks for the info and WELCOME to Speed guide.

I have a question about folding if you don’t mind. I had folding installed on another partition, ran it for a day or two, cranked out 47 Wu’s. But then something went wrong big time. So I saved the folding cfg. File and a few others. And nuked the partition (spare anyway) So last nite I installed folding@home on an other partition and signed up for the Speed Guide Team. How do I, or can I, re-gain the first 47 Wu’s. Thanks

Charlie

Stat page http://foldingathome.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/search?q=JugHead

[This message has been edited by Charlie (edited 01-30-2001).]
kadar

Post by kadar »

Charlie,
At this time the 47 WU's can not be converted to a team. There has been some discussion on this and no decision has been made.
They have been working on other areas of improvement, such as better proxy support(http), larger work units and caching (maybe), amongst others. Database corrections (to some point) will come later.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

kadar,
Thanks. The improvements are more important.

Charlie
Thor Walez

Post by Thor Walez »

Hi!
I Foldered the last whole night and today... I think I need for a whole Units (YES 100frames!) rd. 25-45min.
--> Hmm let´s see: 9h at night and 13h today --> thats about ~35-45 Units BUT on the stats page I´ve only 16 ... Even if the updater is 5h behind I have to have ~20-25???
What went wrong?!

Cheers,
Thor Walez