Randon craft question

Discuss anything not covered in another forum (life, the universe etc.)... Please keep it PG-13 and avoid spam.
Humboldt

Randon craft question

Post by Humboldt »

Bought this clay pot last week, already popped a kalanchoe tomentosa baker (P*ssy ears) in.
The attachment a969af.jpg is no longer available
Thinking about buying a second identical one and painting or somehow coloring the flowers and steam and leaves.

Lots of those indents are super small though.

Do you know of any melt-able resins or plastics, colored, and very fine like sand?

If I could use a small brush to fill the imprints and hit it with a heat gun to melt the colorant, I think it could work.

No clue what kind of product I'm looking for though.
Attachments
a969af.jpg
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

I'd just paint in the recessed areas with small paintbrushes... It should be easy to trace if the brushes are small enough, and not a huge issue if you go over a bit.
Alternatively, you could use a flat roller and have everything else painted but the recessed flowers, if you're only going for a two-tone look.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
Ken

Post by Ken »

Have you seen the wax pots that salons use? A pot that heats and has waxes of different colors?
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

Hi Ken,

Never gotten waxed...you?

But yeah, I guess I'm looking for something called powed coat, fine colored plastic powder.
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

humboldt wrote:hi ken,

never gotten waxed...you?
lol
Ken

Post by Ken »

Humboldt wrote:Hi Ken,

Never gotten waxed...you?

But yeah, I guess I'm looking for something called powed coat, fine colored plastic powder.
Actually, yes! Many times. I had a female live with me that owns a salon. Waxing can be done in many areas. She also shaved my complete body with a straight razor, many times. Think about that for a minute... ;) :D I learned to never fall asleep when she was shaving me... Hair is a lubricant... ;) :rotfl:

I think that you will have to take it to be powder coated, as I don't think that it is a DIY project. YMMV Just a suggestion, with hot wax, you could change colors if you wanted...

Good luck with whatever you choose!