What are you paying for gas right now?

Discuss anything not covered in another forum (life, the universe etc.)... Please keep it PG-13 and avoid spam.
Easto
SG Elite

What are you paying for gas right now?

Post by Easto »

We have a Costco about 4 miles away and they have the lowest price around. I just paid $4.35 for 91 Octane here in Los Angeles / Orange County area. I drove past an Arco station on the way to Costco and they were advertising almost $1 more per gallon.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

$3.20 Regular, up to ~$3.80 Premium here at regular gas stations, I don't think it's much cheaper at Costco/BJs/Sam's, etc., maybe ~10 cents difference.
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

About $4.79-$4.99, none of the gas-price sites seem to work after the businesses are closed.

Sure Costco is cheaper.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Crude oil prices have been going up in the last couple of months. Combine that with Cali's high excise fees and taxes on gas, and prices may be the highest in the States there.
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

Out here Costco is the minimum of $0.40 a gallon cheaper than anyone. When we visit relatives in Las Vegas I always search for the nearest Costco. Although the Nevada prices are lower than here, their Costco gas is still $0.30 less per gallon than a branded station.
BaLa
SG VIP

Post by BaLa »

$2.83...
Gas prices have gone up a bit recently.
It's ok I never go anywhere, and I live 5 miles from work.
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

If I could get gas for $2.83 I'd go out driving just for driving's sake.
nightowl
SG Elite

Post by nightowl »

paying 1.36 to 1.43 a litter. (5.15 per gallon equivalent).... one of the reasons I got rid of my Jeep wrangler I had for a while...
Zilog B wrote:Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

High Nightowl! How's the frozen land up there? ;)

Went up to $3.15/gallon, but yeah.. It's cheap here comparatively. I think the cheapest I've seen was in South Carolina.
๑۩۞۩๑
BMED
SG Elite

Post by BMED »

$3.39 average in the blue state of Michigan near the Motor City area where we are 10-15 years out from EV's being affordable for the upper lower class...otherwise we are all screwed if our administration continues to be completely stupid...
BaLa
SG VIP

Post by BaLa »

Cheapest in my area right now is 2.72 at the Bucees..
Way too cheap. Needs to go up to keep some of these people off the roads.
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

$3.59/gallon for the 89 octane into my truck this morning.......she sips fuel much better with her Coyote 5.0 V-8 than my prior RAM pickup with the 5.7 HEMI did. Although the RAM was a LOT more fun to drive.
MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
Guinness for Strength!!!
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Regular went up to $3.30/gallon here. Cat, F150 I guess?
๑۩۞۩๑
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

Philip wrote:Cat, F150 I guess?
Yap!
The attachment Pic1.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Pic1.jpg
Guinness for Strength!!!
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

You guys are killing me. Although it does seem to be going down $4.39
Faust

Post by Faust »

Depends on where I am in my route (91 octane is ~$4.80/gal at stations along a major street and next to a freeway). Like BaLa, I live <5 miles from work so to be honest I don't really scrutinize what I'm paying as I have no choice. Getting all worked up won't make my day any more pleasant. May as well head in and pick up some Cheetos as an added distraction.
"Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

Faust wrote: I live <5 miles from work so to be honest I don't really scrutinize what I'm paying as I have no choice. Getting all worked up won't make my day any more pleasant.
Being retired and now that I'm driving a whole lot less it really doesn't effect me. But, I have always regarded paying the lowest price possible to be something that sort of acts like a virtual savings account over the years. It's not the tank to tank refills that make a difference, it's the paying attention to the price for 5 or 10 years that can add up to thousands of dollars of savings.
Faust

Post by Faust »

Easto wrote:Being retired and now that I'm driving a whole lot less it really doesn't effect me. But, I have always regarded paying the lowest price possible to be something that sort of acts like a virtual savings account over the years. It's not the tank to tank refills that make a difference, it's the paying attention to the price for 5 or 10 years that can add up to thousands of dollars of savings.
You're absolutely right on that point.

FWIW, when I was running errands today I looked at a gas station along the way. $5.08/gal. I'm sure it's less at Costco.
"Today is a black day in the history of mankind."

- Leo Szilard
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

YeOldeStonecat wrote:Yap!
Very Nice!... Extended cab, 4x4, side steps and all that jazz. My brother bought a Raptor ~3 years ago and he's happy with it, even though I thought they're expensive.
๑۩۞۩๑
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Around here Walmart and COSTCO are always within a penny from each other and right now are $2.79 a gallon. Most other stations are still around $3.35-$3.50. If it weren't for Illinois taxes, we might be at $2.60 - $2.65.

I try not to let my truck get to even a half tank as it has the tow package with a 36 gallon tank.

USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

Gorgeous ride Leather...
Guinness for Strength!!!
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

YeOldeStonecat wrote:Gorgeous ride Leather...
Thanks. I actually looked for a white Lariat, but nice F150's are impossible to find around here. I had to drive to another state to get this one. Got it right before COVID - super lucky.
USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum
twwabw

Post by twwabw »

Just paid $4.11 yesterday for 91 Octane Non-Ethanol. We're lucky that we have that around here.

Been super impressed with the F150 mileage so far.
m1.JPG
m1.JPG
Attachments
m2.JPG
Observe everything...focus on nothing..
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

Everywhere's still $4.99 minimum.
BMED
SG Elite

Post by BMED »

Filled up all 3 vehicles at $2.96...cost me $129 total. Next week will be less, right? The 36 gal Tundra is pricy!
Attachments
IMG_1027.jpg
MadDoctor

Post by MadDoctor »

She sure is purdy!!!!!!! :thumb:
People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

I just paid $5.00 for regular unleaded at Costco. The Exxon dealership down the street wants $5.74
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

I got back just in time from our drive from CT to south west FL...and back. Was filling my truck a lot, averaging $3.29 or so....on the drive back last week saw it climbing to $3.49 in some southern states, $3.59 or so in New Jersey..and that was my last fill up. Now it's over $4.

Still, back in 2007 or so when the last big price hike came out, when you factor in inflation, we're not in as much "pain" as we were back in 2007.

Wish we were still striving for oil independence like we were prior to a year ago.....now biden wants to turn to back to buying oil from Venezuela and the middle east....bad bad bad......bad bad bad.....
Guinness for Strength!!!
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Really like my F-150 Lariat 5.0, but I dare not let it get below 3/4 of a tank these days as 36 gallons x $4.299 is about $154 of sorrow. Last time this happened, we panicked and bought a teeny weeny little car. Wife hated it, but 30mpg was nice. Wife drives a Jeep Renegade and it actually does well on mileage - about 26/30. Hoping for the best and soon.

USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

$6.09

Wow.
Mark

Post by Mark »

let's go Brandon !

gas here was 4.19 yesterday
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

US is the world's largest oil producer, we produce 20% of the world's oil, 18+Million barrels per day. The next two are Saudi Arabia (12%) and Russia (11%). Russia has twice our explorable oil reserves, SA has like 8 times our oil reserves.
We currently consume about 19.5 Million barrels per day, 20.5% of the world's consumption. We are still energy-independent, and an exporter if you count natural gas and other fuels.

For comparison, in 2006 we produced 8M bpd, 2016 - 14.8M bpd.

We have 35.5 Bn barrels of proven oil reserves that can be explored with current technology. At this rate, we will use up all our domestic oil reserves in 5 years. What will we drill then?
With all that in mind, how much more do we need to produce per year?

Gas prices are dependent on international market price per barrel, not directly our oil production. We're already using up our explorable oil reserves much faster than most other countries in the world.
๑۩۞۩๑
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

I filled up at Costco 2 days ago @ $4.99 and today it's $5.25. Heck of a jump.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Every gallon of gasoline saved or megawatt of energy not used is the equivalent of producing more. I believe we will eventually get to the point where renewable energy becomes not only abundant, but also efficient. We are not there yet and and telling people to buy a $60000 TESLA is just dumb as we all know where electricity comes from. I believe we (USA) are becoming better stewards every day and we can get to where we need to be without crippling the economy. Wise leadership, now that is another discussion.
USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

Leatherneck wrote:Every gallon of gasoline saved or megawatt of energy not used is the equivalent of producing more. I believe we will eventually get to the point where renewable energy becomes not only abundant, but also efficient. We are not there yet and and telling people to buy a $60000 TESLA is just dumb as we all know where electricity comes from. I believe we (USA) are becoming better stewards every day and we can get to where we need to be without crippling the economy. Wise leadership, now that is another discussion.
I totally agree.
Randy

Post by Randy »

$2.0mfg per liter fir Diesel / cost me $250 CDN to fill truck
Will be driving this less
6EFDD71A-51D2-4010-8446-123C48EBE2ED.jpeg
And this more
6EFDD71A-51D2-4010-8446-123C48EBE2ED.jpeg
Attachments
D4A8E573-C37D-4675-B667-7AF7D746E2C8.jpeg

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box ;).
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

~$4.30 / gallon for regular gas down here now.
๑۩۞۩๑
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

3x days ago, $4.59 for 87, was almost 70 bucks to top off my tank from just under 1/2.
Guinness for Strength!!!
BMED
SG Elite

Post by BMED »

YeOldeStonecat wrote:3x days ago, $4.59 for 87, was almost 70 bucks to top off my tank from just under 1/2.
It's all good at the end of the day, EV owner cost is stupid high so I'll keep pumping petro until the well runs dry!
YeOldeStonecat
SG VIP

Post by YeOldeStonecat »

BMED wrote:It's all good at the end of the day, EV owner cost is stupid high so I'll keep pumping petro until the well runs dry!
Yeah, EV's have a long way to go. I believe in searching for alternative energy for transportation, (such as electric)....but, with current technology, electric isn't there yet. And it just puts (moves) the pollution and/or bad environmental impact "out of site, like...in some other country but yours". So you feel better about your immediate surroundings, yet...causing problems for some 3rd world place across the planet. Home insurance is starting to get higher if you have an electric vehicle in a garage. Auto insurance is higher with electric cars. Owning a car for near 10 years or more...electrics get crazy expensive because of replacing those batteries at near 10k. And them making the electricity to charge them up...puts more and more of a strain on the grid. And what type of power source is creating the juice for the grid that you're on?

I think it will get there. And it will take some time for technology to evolve..and many users have to be "guinea pigs" helping that technology to evolve.
I drive way too much and often for long distances, so it's currently not a tech for me. For my wife...she just does rare short drives....it would work for her.
Guinness for Strength!!!