Detroit-Windsor Tunnel History

Discuss anything not covered in another forum (life, the universe etc.)... Please keep it PG-13 and avoid spam.
minir

Detroit-Windsor Tunnel History

Post by minir »

The Detroit-Windsor Tunnel. Very interesting history about the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel!! An engineering feat for it's time that is well worth watching. Fascinating how they did this way back when. "This is pretty neat."

This tunnel and the Ambassador Bridge are the only places in the United States that you go south to get into Canada. You wonder just how long this tunnel can last?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/9okcAR-ziv ... detailpage

---

Larry
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

Is that a documentary or a commercial?

Docummericial? Cocumentary?

Interesting clip regardless, will have to finish it this weekend.

Thanks Minir :)
minir

Post by minir »

Humboldt wrote:Is that a documentary or a commercial?

Docummericial? Cocumentary?

Interesting clip regardless, will have to finish it this weekend.

Thanks Minir :)
---

Hi Humboldt

Documentary i would say. Just thought it interesting as to its build and longevity. I've crossed it dozens of times and always a bit concerned about an accident of some kind and being trapped in their. Hate crossing the bridge even more so i usually take the tunnel. I hate sitting at a standstill on the bridge as i oft wonder did they ever plan on having that kind of traffic sitting at a standstill for lengthy periods of time. :nod: :nope:

The new bridge will hopefully make things better when finished.

Your Welcome my friend. :)

---

Larry
ace
Location: Emerald Triangle looking for EA and some trainwreck!

Post by ace »

Thats a very cool video minir!! I have driven through that tunnel many times and Friday and Saturday nights gets a little interesting waiting to pass through customs. :D

Mike
minir

Post by minir »

ace wrote:Thats a very cool video minir!! I have driven through that tunnel many times and Friday and Saturday nights gets a little interesting waiting to pass through customs. :D

Mike
---

Hi ace

I used to cover Windsor area and would go over to Detroit and stay the night as room where much less as well as food and gas so i'd pocket enough to make it worthwhile. I never had any trouble at customs but understand where your coming from. ;)

Take care

Larry
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

minir wrote:---

Hi ace

I used to cover Windsor area and would go over to Detroit and stay the night as room where much less as well as food and gas so i'd pocket enough to make it worthwhile.
Larry
Street-walking days, eh?
I'm sure you could still pocket enough to make it worthwhile.
minir

Post by minir »

Humboldt wrote:Street-walking days, eh?
I'm sure you could still pocket enough to make it worthwhile.
---

More or less Humboldt...I was a salesman :D

Couldn't make up any differences now unfortunately with our Loonie sinking to $0.80 against a US Dollar. Wasn't long ago we where at par. Feel sorry for snowbirds this year as they are taking a pounding finacially :eek:

---

Off to bed.

Larry