Anyone recieving falsified data on Analyzer?

Get help and discuss anything related to tweaking your internet connection, as well as the different tools and registry patches on the site. TCP Optimizer settings and Analyzer results should be posted here.
Fudgemaker

Anyone recieving falsified data on Analyzer?

Post by Fudgemaker »

I use a Netgear cable/dsl security router RO318, 8 ports. When i tweak my settings under windows ME, everything comes out right EXCEPT for the RWIN. No matter what i change it too, it always shows up differently in the analyzer so although it says the setting that i made in the registry correct, it doesn't say it correctly in the analyzer test. So i don't know if i'm lacking speed at all. Does anyone encouter this?
-I know where there's a good party. They've got liquor in the front and poker in the rear-
Bret

Post by Bret »

No problems here. Analyzer reports my settings the way I have set them.
Fudgemaker

Post by Fudgemaker »

how about anyone else... would anyone care to help me out?
-I know where there's a good party. They've got liquor in the front and poker in the rear-
mnosteele52

Post by mnosteele52 »

Are you using AOL? If so that's why. :)
Help & Tips broadbandnuts.com - CableNut Tcp/Ip Analyzer TCPOptimizer drtweak.com - Dr Tweak
EvilAjax

Post by EvilAjax »

Don't use AOL to browse. Use Internet Explorer. :)
<sarcastic>um... yeah</sarcastic>

Wanna get pwned? :nod:
raromoney wrote:Thanks EvilAjax!
Yup, I'm baaaackkk!
:thumb:
EvilAjax unbanned, reinforces stereotypes with gunplay braggadocio...
Fudgemaker

Post by Fudgemaker »

i am using internet explorer to browse... here are my settings...

TCP properties for IP = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(h0030ab0b3128.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Browser/OS = Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; Win 9x 4.90)
Note: Read the FAQ if the above is not your IP address.

TCP options string = 020405b401010402

MTU = 1500
MTU is fully optimized for broadband.

MSS = 1460
Maximum useful data in each packet = 1460, which equals MSS.

Default Receive Window (RWIN) = 2048
RWIN Scaling (RFC1323) = 0 bits
Unscaled Receive Window = 2048
For optimum performance, consider changing RWIN to a multiple of MSS.
Other values for RWIN that might work well with your current MTU/MSS:
513920 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 8)
256960 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 4)
128480 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 2)
64240 (MSS x 44)

bandwidth * delay product:
Your RcvWindow limits you to: 81.92 kbps (10.24 KBytes/s) @ 200ms
Your RcvWindow limits you to: 32.768 kbps (4.096 KBytes/s) @ 500ms
Consider increasing your RWIN value to optimize TCP/IP for broadband.

MTU Discovery (RFC1191) = ON

Time to live left = 46 hops
TTL value is ok.

Timestamps (RFC1323) = OFF

Selective Acknowledgements (RFC2018) = ON

IP type of service field (RFC1349)= 00000000

3504204 connections tested since 03.10.2001.
Analyzer version: 1.01 - updated 05.16.2002.

--- btw,, i am running on cable... AT&T with 1500/300 caps. I run my cable through a cable/dsl security router RO318, 8 ports. I HAVE upgraded my firmware, and configured everything correctly and for my RWIN i have 51100 put in... MTU disc=yes, blackhole detect=no, select acks= yes, max dup. acks=2, TTL= 64, and my MTU= 1500. Those are what i put into my tcp optimizer and then applied and restarted... and also i unchecked everything in my internet explorer settings such as proxy server and what not. So what is wrong, how do i make my analyzer read the correct settings? or are those the correct settings... is something malfunctioning. And btw, i haven't had any problems with my router at all!
MadDoctor

Post by MadDoctor »

Take the router out and do the test again.
People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.
Fudgemaker

Post by Fudgemaker »

i did that too... and the settings showed up correctly like.. the RWIN showed 51100 after i restarted. But this doesn't make sense... cause my router hasn't malfunctioned in any way at all. It's a security router... does this have anything to do with it? basically.. is the router just hiding the actual settings when viewed in the analyzer? Cause in Regedit... the RWIN shows 51100 also.
MadDoctor

Post by MadDoctor »

I'm not a router guy... but I don't think having your RWIN out there is a security concern.

Tell us more about this security router.
People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.
Fudgemaker

Post by Fudgemaker »

well.. the security router is based on DHCP routing.. it uses 8 ports for lan use.. um.. you can port forward and DMZ host 1 computer at a time, and a couple other things.. it's over 1 year old so it's not up to date with some of the newer ones that may have more features.. but basically i don't know if it's my computer that's the problem.. or it's the router.. cause the router seems to work fine... i just don't understand..
EvilAjax

Post by EvilAjax »

What program are you using to change your RWIN? Is the IP address shown in your Analyzer test the same as your IP?
<sarcastic>um... yeah</sarcastic>

Wanna get pwned? :nod:
raromoney wrote:Thanks EvilAjax!
Yup, I'm baaaackkk!
:thumb:
EvilAjax unbanned, reinforces stereotypes with gunplay braggadocio...
Fudgemaker

Post by Fudgemaker »

yes it is the same ip address... and i used the tcpoptimizer program to adjust it.. but remember... it says the correct RWIN that i applied in the optimizer program and in my regedit.. but when i analyze it.. it says something totally different. So now.. what's the problem...?