Humby Beware! 1st case of Coronavirus in NoCal NOT tied to Travel...

Discuss anything not covered in another forum (life, the universe etc.)... Please keep it PG-13 and avoid spam.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Yeah, I heard it in the news this morning as well. It is coming to the US at some point, that incubation period is so long it will be hard to control.

Stock market dumped for a couple of days, people are getting worried. China was only 8.7% of the world's economy back in 2003 during the SARS outbreak, it is now double that over 17%, so the impact is much bigger. Hopefully it wont last long.
cybotron r_9

Post by cybotron r_9 »

Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

Regardless of where you live, it's coming. The extended incubation phase is also quite troubling. Just think of all the people who are infectious and don't realize it. They the people at church, the gym, the market and at work. I get the feeling that once it starts to expand, it will happen fast. With that said, I am not one to panic. It appears that most deaths are due to people with compromised immune systems, the aged and the very young.

I feel that both my wife and I are in good health and we practice all the common sense precautions. What the News needs to expand on is the amount of people who contract it and don't die. I think if everyone was to see some interviews with actual patients that have "survived" it would greatly reduce the anxiety level that seems to be going on in this country.
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Hopefully spring/summer heat will slow it down, if nothing else ;/

Here is an interesting interactive map of Coronavirus infections: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps ... 7b48e9ecf6
Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
๑۩۞۩๑
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

I'm going in to get a pneumonia vaccine on Tuesday. It's recommended for anyone over 65. Better to be safe than sorry.
Humboldt

Post by Humboldt »

Best wishes for everyone.
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

All I know is I'm not shaking hands with any of you guys! Especially Mad Doc.
MadDoctor

Post by MadDoctor »

Fortunately... I'm 4 years old in sheep years (free pass)
People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.