Music enabled

Discuss anything not covered in another forum (life, the universe etc.)... Please keep it PG-13 and avoid spam.
Sid
SG Elite

Music enabled

Post by Sid »

I want to thank everyone that wanted to help me out a few weeks ago. Sometimes I forget my home and I wander like a nomad. Lately I've been trying to get back into my guitars, almost wanting a stage to be standing on type trying. I jam with others but I miss my recording time as you can really dissect your technique and ability this way.

I have always had a desktop to do my recording and midi stuff with things like rhythm composers, pre amp guitar simulators and such. I lost my last desktop to my oldest daughter as hers had died and was just to the point of no return. I was left with my old Tyan dually and a laptop. The tyan was good as a webserver and it kicked out some serious amount of websites and databases. It refused to boot one day. It hated any kind of cool pci card, I mean ever cool card. Hell it even hated my Adaptec 29320 scsi, and this was a server! Forget about the E-MU sound card, USB 2.0 card or anything required a IRQ and didn't play very nice.

Well, my new wife, who IS the greatest thing since sliced bread(Love ya Leslie) said I could piece another system together. She knows how much my music means to me. Now for you that don't remember, I'm unemployed. I went to newegg and grabbed a 5000 am2, a crappy biostar mobo and 2gb of hyperX for a song. I had XP x64 laying around not being used.

Well here is my new little hide away. Now remember, I'm the only man in a house of 5 women, a dog in heat and, and, and, and: I don't even have a garage anymore as two of the kids returned home and I need to convert it to living space.

LOL, I still have a Les Paul and amp out in the front room. I have this USA Jackson, a Strat with only one original part left, a Jackson Kelly, a Schecter Gryphon, two Fender acoustics and 5 amplifiers. That one in the photo is my new baby, a Blackheart Handsome Devil. It does old school rock so well it makes you want to cry.

So can anyone help me out with a low paying IT job!!!!!
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

Nice. Don't you just love what you can do with music and a computer that you couldn't do 20 years ago. I remember when my cassette recorder was my best friend. Now, I don't think I even own one.
Sid
SG Elite

Post by Sid »

Easto wrote:Nice. Don't you just love what you can do with music and a computer that you couldn't do 20 years ago. I remember when my cassette recorder was my best friend. Now, I don't think I even own one.
Hey Mike, didn't I see I blurb about you heading my way soon?
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

PM'd you with the approx dates.
David
SG Elite

Post by David »

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Sid
SG Elite

Post by Sid »

Easto wrote:PM'd you with the approx dates.
Cool Mike, look forward to hangin.

David, the linky don't work.
David
SG Elite

Post by David »

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche