New PC build

Anything related to hardware (CPU/MoBo/Video/FSB/BIOS, etc.), hardware settings, overclocking, cooling, cool cases, case mods, hardware mods, post pics of your unique creations here.
Philip
SG VIP

Re: New PC build

Post by Philip »

For the RAM: I like G.Skill, but I always prefer the 1.20-1.25v modules rather than 1.35v. The lower voltage variants don't run as hot, and I think are better quality chips. They're usually very similarly priced.

CPU: You're getting about 22k CPUMark score, it's a good processor for a budget build, nice low 65W TDP.

SSD: I prefer higher-rated brands, but they're more expensive I suppose. I would get a Samsung 980 Pro or 990 Pro for $50 more, their read/write speed is 4 times better and that may be a good thing for an OS drive.
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

What are you planning on doing with this build?
CableDude
SG VIP

Post by CableDude »

Easto wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:11 pm
What are you planning on doing with this build?
It's more for small business use. Quicken, Word Processing, Paying bills online, Scanning. Nothing too taxing from what I can see.
Easto
SG Elite

Post by Easto »

It definitely is a budget build. I didn't even know you could get some of those components for so little. For what you need it for it should do the job. I don't see why you need/want such a powerful video card for those tasks. But for those tasks you should be good.
CableDude
SG VIP

Post by CableDude »

Easto wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 6:58 pm
It definitely is a budget build. I didn't even know you could get some of those components for so little. For what you need it for it should do the job. I don't see why you need/want such a powerful video card for those tasks. But for those tasks you should be good.
I don't want that powerful of a video card. :)

I'm guessing any video card will be fine.

I don't care for that case either. Any other case will be fine? :)
Philip
SG VIP

Post by Philip »

Then, get a cheaper (by $100) videocard, and a better SSD ;)

https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-rtx- ... ByNewegg=1
CableDude
SG VIP

Post by CableDude »

Newegg picked everything, not me. I did this a while ago. It was a prebuilt. :crash: